OUR VALUES & BELIEFS
We believe that the gospel is Christ crucified, risen and reigning. The gospel of Jesus has exclusive power to bring a dead hearted sinner to abundant spiritual life in Christ. The gospel is the hope of every man and is the true source of joy and life. Jesus Christ is the gospel, and there is no other way a man can be saved from the condemnation of his sins.
Acts 4:12; Romans 10:17; Romans 1:16, Acts 8:26-40, 1 Corinthians 2:1-2, John 14:6
There is no substitute for the Word of God. We believe the Scriptures are self-attesting and answer to no greater authority. We are bound by all biblical parameters that God has set as a local church and as individual followers of Christ. We believe that God’s Word is eternal, infallible and inerrant. The Scriptures are God’s way of imparting faith (Rom. 10:17). The Bible will lay out the ultimate framework of Haven Ridge Church.
Psalm 19:7-10, 119:11,89; Luke 21:33; John 5:39, Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Peter 1:25
Our conviction is that theology influences everything. What you think about God determines or should determine the trajectory of your life. Seeing life and conduct through theological lenses helps believer’s to live in accordance with God’s holy standard.
Jeremiah 9:23-24, Colossians 1:9; Ephesians 1:17; Proverbs 2:1-6; Ephesians 4:17-24; Psalm 1:1-3; Hebrews 6:1-3
We are convinced that people behave rightly when they think rightly. The Scriptures implore us to be transformed in the renewing of our minds. Sound doctrine proves to be the anchor that grounds believers from being swayed by every wind of false doctrine.
- God – There is one God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God exists eternally as one in three persons. God is like no other, all-powerful and all-knowing. His every decision is perfect as He is perfect. He is sovereign over all things and nothing comes to pass without His permission.
Isaiah 26:4; Matthew 19:26; Jeremiah 10:12; Exodus 15:3
- God the Father – God as Father reigns with providential care over His universe, His creatures, and the flow of the stream of human history according to the purposes of His grace. He is all powerful, all knowing, all loving, and all wise. God is Father in truth to those who become children of God through faith in Jesus Christ. He is fatherly in His attitude toward all men.
Genesis 1:1; 2:7; Isaiah 45:51; Exodus 3:14; Leviticus 22:2; Deuteronomy 6:4; John 4:24
- God the Son – Christ is the only begotten Son of God. He is fully divine and fully human. Christ existed from eternity past and became God in flesh as a part of His mission to redeem a people unto Himself. We believe the atoning work of Jesus was actual and not potential; meaning, Jesus actually secured for Himself a people decreed to salvation before the foundations of the world.
Ephesians 1:4; Colossians 1:19; John 1:1-14
- God the Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God comforts, convicts, indwells and seals every believer and is a guide to all truth.
John 16:8; John 16:13; Ephesians 5:18; Acts 2:4; Ephesians 1:13; Romans 8:9
- Man – Man is the image bearer of God. Man willfully sinned against God and is thus born with an inherited guilt. Man, upon placing faith in Christ’s redemptive work experiences redemption, whereas no other created thing does.
Genesis 1:26; Psalm 51:5; Romans 5:12
- The Church – The church exists locally and universally. The church is made up of born again followers of Christ. The church’s mission is to make disciples and to glorify God in all things. The church is not an event, but a people for whom Christ died.
- Salvation – Salvation is the gracious gift of God for all who repent of sin, believe and surrender a life to Christ. Christ became the substitute for all who would trust His work and follow Him. We believe that man experiences salvation as a result of heart regeneration. This heart transformation means God replaces a heart of stone with a heart of flesh thus giving man life to see and savor Jesus as Lord. Faith is the gift of God which man enacts and God saves him according to His promise.
Ephesians 2:1-10; Ephesians 5:25; Romans 10:9-13; Ezekiel 36:26
The command to Christians is not only to make disciples, but to disciple them from childhood to adulthood in the faith. The Scriptures reveal several mentoring relationships and exhortations for 21st century Christians to do the same. We desire to see believers sharpened by the Word of God and to develop the skills and disciplines to grow as believers.
Titus 2:1-10; 2 Timothy 2:1-9, Matthew 28:16-20;
We believe that ministry and missions are executed inside and outside of the four walls of the church house. Our aim is to prove love through ministry and missions in our local context. We believe that within community there is accountability and discipleship.
Hebrews 10:25; Romans 12:4-5; Galatians 6:2; Thessalonians 5;14; Psalm 133:1
All believers are called to make disciples. We believe that because God’s heart is on the nations, and therefore, so should ours. There is a distinct line drawn between ministry and mission. Ministry is service without the gospel whereas missions necessarily incorporates the Gospel of Jesus.
Matthew 28:16-20; Romans 10:14-15; 2 Timothy 4:5; Matthew 9:37-38; 10:5-15; John 15:7-8
Regenerate Church Membership
We believe that Christ's church is comprised of individuals who have been made alive through the power of the gospel. Regenerate church membership simply means that the members not only know God, but have a relationship with Him through His Son Jesus. The local church is a body of regenerated Christ followers who gather to share life with one another, to share in the corporate worship of God and to make disciples.
Acts 2:47; Matthew 16:18; Ephesians 5:23-32; Ephesians 2:1-5; John 3:1-31; 1 Corinthians 1:2;12:12-31
We believe marriage is divine in its origin and indented to be a relationship enjoyed between a man and woman. Marriage is meant to image the relationship Christ has with His bride, the church. Man and woman are given to one another as co-equals for mission together and to use their marriage as a platform for the gospel. The husband and wife are separate in their roles, but equal as co-laborers and as children of God.
Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-5; Ephesians 5:31
Our aim is to see families honor Christ as the centerpiece of their homes. What happens in the church should be a reflection of what happens in the home. We want to see fathers embrace the biblical mandate to train up their children in the Scriptures and to lead in all aspects that God has instructed in His Word. We believe the Scripture places fathers as the head of the home thus imaging Christ relationship as head over the church and all things. We believe woman was given to man as a helpmate and a co-labor for God’s mission. We desire to equip mothers and fathers to be the primary disciple makers in the home.
Genesis 1:26-28; Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Ephesians 5:21-23
The Glory of God
We believe that all things should have the intention of glorifying God behind them. We believe God’s desire is to display His glory in all the earth. He wants to be known, adored and worshipped for the glorious sovereign that He is.
Exodus 20:; 1 Corinthians 10:31; Revelation 19:1; Isaiah 42:8